You may be kicking around the idea to try vaping. It is an intriguing concept, but you may be a bit confused by all of the terminology. There are many types of vape products to choose from, but getting started is not that complicated. Heres what you need to know:
Vaping has been around in the US since 2009. It has been quite a journey. Back then the batteries were not very powerful. Enthusiasts needed a fistful of charged batteries to make it through the day until getting home to recharge.
The atomizers did not perform well for very long, so vapers had to learn how to burn off the coils to keep them working longer. Most of the early e-cigarettes used prefilled cartridges, and, of course, vapers had to figure out how to refill them. They came up with strange options, like modifying atomizers with fiberfill, Fluval and pyramid teabags, while chasing the perfect vape.
Many Advances Since Then
Fortunately for you, the industry has made many advancements. Today's batteries will make it through your day, and possibly into the next. Tanks have replaced those small, inefficient cartridges, and they are easy to refill. Your vaping experience can be simple and satisfying the first time out.
You don't need a lot of equipment or knowledge to get started, and it doesn't have to be expensive. The most reliable way to get everything you need is with a starter kit. There are many to choose from. Although vaping seems complicated, the mechanics are always the same.
- The battery fires the atomizer
- The coil in the atomizer heats up
- The heat from the coil turns the e-liquid to vapor
Your starter kit will come with a battery, charger, a refillable atomizer or a prefilled atomizer cartridge.
A prefilled kit is the most straightforward introduction to the world of vaping. You won't need to purchase separate bottles of E-liquid. Instead, you purchase the prefilled cartridges in the flavors of your choice. With a prefilled system, you never have the mess or inconvenience of having to fill your tank.
A refillable system is more economical than the prefilled tanks. You will need to purchase your e-liquid separately but will have many more flavors and vendors to choose from. Filling your tank is easy, and you can always switch flavors when boredom strikes.
Tips and Tricks
- If you order starter kit that uses prefilled tanks, be sure to order a supply of tanks.
- When ordering e-liquid, choose a few flavors to be sure to get one you like
- If you like menthol, try mixing a menthol with a fruit flavor for variety
- Don't let your tank run empty; it can burn the wick and taste nasty
- Join a vaping community or forum to learn more about the industry and available product types
- Once you know you enjoy vaping, order a backup, to have one available while you are charging the other
You can trust The Vape Factor for all your vaping needs. Shop online or visit our Davie, FL location.